Sunday, March 1, 2009

Discussion with Hospital CEO

Last night I spoke to the CEO of Ohio County (KY) Hospital about social media. His question: "What will it do for me?"

I told him about the Running a Hospital Blog and explained how he could engage his stake holders in discussions. I also talked about transparency and how he could use "proactive transparency" vs. "reactive transparency" (from Hospital Impact).

After the discussion I also thought about the size of his organization. They are a small hospital in a rural area. Would my friend gain the same benefits from blogging as Marty Bonick, CEO of Jewish Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky? Would the ROI of his social media efforts be less since his stakeholder base is smaller? As with any other social media activity, it may be slow at first but would deliver some gems that would be worth the effort.

No comments: