Monday, April 13, 2009

Finding a house via Facebook


My family and I spent the last week in North Carolina looking for house to rent. My last day at IBM is April 27 and I am really looking forward to the flexibility freedom to do some things I've been wanting to do for a while now.

We first approached our housing search in the traditional way of searching realtor.com and engaging a realtor to search MLS. We looked at few options but were not happy with the results.

Then my very intelligent wife posted the following on her Facebook status, "Looking for a house to rent in NC." In response to that post her friend sent an email to the homeowners in her community. Just so happens that there's a UNC-Chapel Hill professor that is planning to rent us his house for 7 months while he is away. The price is right and it has a community pool and play area.

Angie joined Facebook and began a blog before I did. She continues to teach me how to utilize social computing in our day to day lives.

No comments: